CBD oil is a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments. CBD is one of the 104 chemical compounds found in the cannabis or marijuana plant, Cannabis sativa 1. Unlike its close relative THC ,CBD does not produce a psychoactive effect. This means that CBD oil will not get you “high” or intoxicated. CBD oil is legal in Australia. However, there are some restrictions on its importation and use. In this article, we will provide an overview of the current legal status of CBD Oil Australia and what you need to know before using it.
CBD Oil Laws in Australia
In December 2017, the Australian government legalized the use of medical cannabis
2. This means that doctors can prescribe cannabis-based products, including CBD oil, to their patients. However, while medical cannabis is now legal, recreational cannabis is still illegal in Australia.
The therapeutic benefits of CBD oil have been well-documented
3. CBD oil is commonly used to treat anxiety and depression, pain and inflammation, and skin conditions such as acne
4. It is also being studied as a treatment for epilepsy, cancer, and other conditions
5. To be able to prescription medical cannabis in Australia, doctors must apply for special permission from the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
6. Currently, only certain medical specialists are able to prescribe medical cannabis
7. These include oncologists, neurologists, palliative care specialists, gastroenterologists, and pain specialists
8. Purchasing CBD Oil in Australia
There are a few different ways to purchase CBD oil in Australia 9. You can buy it at a pharmacy if your doctor has prescribed it 10. You can also buy it online from Australian retailers 11 or import it from overseas 12 (but note that this is only legal for personal use). Be sure to purchase CBD oil that is TGA-approved 13 and has less than 0.001% THC 14 (or you could risk breaking the law).
CBD oil is a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments with therapeutic benefits that are well-documented. While it was only recently legalized for medicinal use in December 2017, there are still some restrictions on its importation and use in Australia. Before using CBD oil, be sure to check that it is TGA-approved and contains less than 0.001% THC so that you do not risk breaking the law.